Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Had Forgotten...

The last two days have been pretty scary for me. Before I go into that, I need to give a little background first.

I haven't really talked much about meds. At various times over the last 10 years I have tried various medications to manage my mood. I hadn't had a lot of success but I hit another mood crisis about six months ago and decided to try again. I have a good / knowledgeable support system in both my husband and my healthcare provider. The meds this time have been wonderful. I have felt better than I ever have. I've gotten the benefit from them that I needed without unacceptable side-effects. The problem is, after about 5-6 weeks on a dose, the effects start to wear off. So, we increase my dose. Again, I feel great for about 5-6 weeks, then my anxiety starts to go up again. I hit a point a couple of weeks ago when we decided my dose was now too high and we lowered it.

The last two days have brought back feelings I have not felt in over six months. Frustration, despair, hopelessness, pessimism, anger, resentment, lack of empathy etc. Fuck! I had forgotten how this felt and it sucks. It is really scary to be back here. My husband and I had a long talk about it last night. Poor guy...he thought he had done something. Nope, just me! We have come up with a plan and I'm feeling a little better today. Hence, why I am able to write about it.

I'm really hoping "This too shall pass". But then again, I'm not feeling real hopeful right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment